Steps of Transforming Basic Customer App to Customer Loyalty Application
In this post, I want to show the basic steps of how we transforming a customer login app into a customer loyalty app.
Let's start by reading the definition of Customer Loyalty;
Customer loyalty is the result of consistently positive emotional experience, physical attribute-based satisfaction, and perceived value of an experience, which includes the product or services.
Also another definition;
Customer loyalty is the act of choosing one company’s products and services consistently over their competitors. When a customer is loyal to one company, they aren’t easily swayed by price or availability. They would rather pay more and ensure the same quality service and product they know and love
Lately, we started to develop a “Customer Login” app for a medium-sized company that sells white goods, provides installation and technical service.
Customer application helps their customer to reach their product online, from app stores, and basically all their customer able to;
- order new products
- follow the warranty period of their own products
- view the details of their own products
- tracking renewal periods
So, customers able to login with their phone numbers and able to reach some limited data about their products, and able to shop in the app.
It is a basic customer app and almost every other company in the app stores provide the same functionality and same skills for their customer.
But, our point is crafting a Customer Loyalty application. Customer Loyalty is an assertive definition, and it is necessary to add features that support this claim.
The first goal of the customer loyalty process to continually be in the contact with the customer. For being in contact you can deliver some extra services, like;
- call center for after-sales support
- To inform the customer of the best way to use the product.
- Receiving and Paying attention to customer’s comments
Also, before we put it into practice we made some conclusions, like;
— The app doesn't need to focus on selling a new product(at least not from the same category!) because it is designed for the current customers already and features must give focus to make them happy and comfortable with their product.
— The app should be able to do more than show the details of the product that the customer bought.
Also, Customer loyalty means, “consistently positive emotional experience”.
We had to find a way to give a positive experience, of course, there are not proved technics for doing this. But we came to conclusion with these;
- Call center or contact forms must be 1 click away in the app
- Ticketing, Ticket Process, and inform the customer about PROCESS via notifications.
- We implemented Wiki-like content pages for the product which customer bought, No need to show extra other static information for all customers.
- Inputs like address selection must be easy to fill, like implementing google maps API.
- Personalizing Notifications, offering related products, related services, celebrating the birthday of customer, etc.
It still in progress and we are still adding features to make this application good examples of the Customer Loyalty process.
If anyone wonders, here are the current screen-record of the software, it will be on iOS and Android markets, very soon, and I may write another post to show the latest solutions.